Friday, December 21, 2012

Mama's Dolls

I just realized my mom has some really cool dolls that she's found thrifting or has saved to give new dresses, hair, etc. I wanted to share some of my favorites because they are just too precious and unique.


This doll is part of a vintage gift set that came with a book, The Little Wooden Doll. I have been trying to learn more about the doll, but the only hit online is about the book. The book alone goes for quite a bit, but I have yet to find the little doll. She is probably one of the most beautiful closepin styled dolls I've ever seen. 


The second doll is a storybook doll, also vintage, but this little gal was balding, missing arms, and without clothes. Mom gave her doilie wings, patched up her hair, found a dress, and pinned the arms so you barely notice her arms are missing. I love this doll's face; she is so dainty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment