Friday, June 21, 2013

Aliens, Eyeballs, and Pretty Bows

So, back to work for the weekend, but I'm pretty happy because I crafted straight through my three days off. It's so nice to finally have time to make things again. College and too much time off almost made me forget how great it feels to be creative.

Of course, before I craft I always have to organize my supplies - some of which, are lego pieces! I really liked how they looked after I color coordinated them. Not many color wheels are as pretty as a lego one. And, yes I know it's not a literal color wheel. I wouldn't get any true complimentary or contrasting colors here! ;)

I also got a chance to make a new art piece! It has been months since I even touched any of my assemblage materials to make a new box. This piece is supposed to be about solitude, loneliness, and the dark places your mind takes you when you're alone. Good and bad. But, I was at my job and saw Albert Camus' book, The Stranger, and was reminded of my piece. So, I might make this piece dedicated to Mersault from the book. :)


I have taken to hand sewing a lot of small crafts too. I think I like hand sewing because I can do it while watching shows or talking with family. I had been eyeing (hehe) some eyeball felt pins on etsy for a while, but wasn't willing to pay shipping from the UK to get one, so I finally just bought some felt and made my own. I hand sewed these two pins, an alien and a blood shot eyeball. I'm hoping to find a jean jacket and deck it out with patches and kitschy pins soon. 


More hand sewing and more bows! The few I made for Found on Fremont flew out of the shop, so I took a trip to Scrap in NE Portland and made a whole new line. I'm super stoked with how pretty they are. I still want to order some funky patterned fabric soon, but for now the bows are made out of recycled fabric scraps! 


And, lastly I refined some old collages by adding something to hang them with. Collages are fun, so I was glad to find a way to make them useful for wall decor. 


Overall, it was a very productive three days and I'm looking forward to more crafting binges. 


No comments:

Post a Comment