Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Wonders of Hanging Jewelry

It has been so long since I've had time to write here. As my mom likes to say, "This blog is weak." I think it might have been her comment that got me to blog again... :( But, I'm back and am going to have some more free time coming up pretty soon since this semester of college is almost over! Hello, winter break! Hopefully, I'll have some wonderful Christmas pictures up too, since mom and I have been decorating our space at 'Found on Fremont' for the holidays. I also bought a pack of glitter glue... meaning this Christmas will be sparkly, sparkly, sparkly.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a bit of my own jewelry collection. I always wonder what people who make jewelry actually wear themselves. You'll be quite surprised that I hardly wear very much of what I actually make - or the jewelry I make for myself is different than the jewelry I sell. Hence, the barbie arm earrings, refashioned plastic heart earrings, and the various feathers. I recently cleaned out my jewelry from the 3 jewelry boxes full, which is a bit ridiculous. And, I found myself being too lazy to dig in them and figure out what I'd wear for the day. So, I found a wonderful hanging accordion type thing (to be honest, I don't know what its actual purpose is) and painted it a glossy black to match the black/pink retro theme I have in my room. And, voila! A beautiful display and a better way to pick jewelry out for the day.

My earring hanger is actually functioned as an earring holder, no nifty recycling there. An awesome wood crafter at our local Saturday Market makes perfect earring displays, which mom and I have bought many of. I just painted mine glossy black and it makes all of bedazzle stand out even more. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment