Thursday, August 4, 2011

Alberta Arts Last Thursday

Once again, I'm slacking on keeping up with this blog. I've been pleasantly busy enjoying summer, so I really have no excuse! Anyway, I won't meander on my blog absence. Mom and I have been working in the studio less than we were a few weeks ago, but the goal of getting back into art shows and working on the website hasn't ended.

Last week we participated in Alberta Arts Last Thursday for the first time in almost a year. I can't believe how much I missed being out there. All of the other artists and musicians together is just a phenomenal atmosphere. As usual, it was a blast! Though, we were a little off in how things ran... We tried a different vending location than we usually do, which was less successful than we would have wanted due to the fact that Last Thursdays officially blocks off the streets to allow people to walk through. Without knowing this, we mistakingly set up our table out of sight. Next month we'll get it right and find a better spot - I enjoyed shopping more than vending anyway! Also, I noticed there was a lot of jewelry vendors, mostly selling feather earrings. As much as I like to say they're getting trendy, I definitely have 3 pairs in counting! It was nice to see that some of our items are one of a kind on Alberta, and there might be a chance to sell some of my 3D Box art or stencil work. Overall, it was a lot of fun and I can't wait to set up this month too!

No comments:

Post a Comment