Friday, July 4, 2014

Bones, Beach Finds, Fringe, and Funky Racks

Who knew how overwhelming crafting could be when there is time to spare! I have been trying to focus on a few big projects, but it's all the little crafts that keep distracting me! I've been working on a few different things, so I thought I'd share some of the recent finishers.

I recently ordered some fun bones from an adorable shop called Eagerbones on storenvy in hopes to make my own creations inspired by the wonderful Wolftea! Her etsy shop is here and her lovely blog is here! Mom and I have had her as a customer at Found on Fremont for a while and have been her customers and online fans of her beautiful creations, which are made from found nature and bones. I have really wanted to work with bones for a while, but haven't had the guts to... well, deal with animal guts to get the bones. So, when I found Eagerbones, I was stoked! Here is my piece made from a set of raccoon broken jaws, and some mouse bones (they're in small jars that I dissected from some owl pellets I purchased from Eagerbones.) While it's no Wolftea piece, I'm pretty proud of my first art piece with animal bones. Maybe I'll start to scavenge bones and whatnot myself sometime soon. 


What I'm not afraid to scavenge are natural beach goodies! Yesterday my family hijacked me (who was feeling very sick) to the beach on the day Portland was 100 degrees! The Oregon Coast however, was perfect - never have I been to the beach and had it be over 80 degrees. Ended up being perfect weather to spend the day hanging out in the ocean, beach combing, and sunbathing. :) Here was my beach haul and two necklaces mom made from some of the rocks with natural holes in them! I found so many great rocks, drift wood, whole shells, empty barnacles, etc.



Completely outside of scavenging, today I worked on some of my handwoven scarves. I finally got around to putting them in my space at Found on Fremont, but decided to finish the fringe on all them! I used pinterest to get a lot of new ideas on how to finish my scarves. After many knots and twisting, my fingers are bit numb - but I'm really happy to see my scarves looking complete for once!


I am also going to put these necklace/jewelry racks in Found on Fremont or etsy soon. One is made from trophy toppers, which I recycled from discarded trophies. The other is made from plastic doll hands, which I securely fastened and wrapped in chain to make a kitschy, but maybe symbolic necklace rack!


This week I'm hoping to work on some bigger projects, as well as some new lines of jewelry from my beach haul. I'll post when I get another set of things to show and share here!

No comments:

Post a Comment