Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Found Updates, Gardens, and Pump Stations

"Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing" 
 ~Thomas Edison~

Going to try and blog more frequently. Adding it to my list of things to keep my busy while going through a long distance marriage. I've been crafting more, keeping my mind and hands active, so there should be more to blog. 

To start with, I have had a happy stomach full of figs all week - yay for September!

Close up of the lovely purple figs I picked from our tree this week.
I have also started preparing for fall at Found on Fremont, by decorating for my favorite holiday... Halloween. I usually make a lot of macabre art, so it's nice for it to finally fit a theme and serve a purpose in decorating in my space at Found. 


I have been collecting old toy violin cases (this one happens to be a music box) and I thought this one would be the perfect halloween card display. 
Added some of my usual plastic bug accents as well. I also turned one of my sister's beheaded-barbies into a skeletal being - nearly a year ago, but she fits right in. 


I also created a new jewelry display using one of my old easels, burlap from my wedding table mats, and an old cushion. I wanted to find a rustic background for some of my new jewelry pieces - some of which are literally 'creepy and crawly.' Friends of mine have known I'm a bit of a bug collector (note: no bugs were harmed in the making of this jewelry - all found as is) and I've repurposed them into some unique curio necklaces. I'm probably a little too happy with them, but I have hopes someone with a buggy heart will love them. :) 


Also did a bit of redecorating and cleaned out some old items. I'm still a cluttered little space of vintage/handmade items, but rearranging always brings a fresh new face to things. 

The space from afar with all my pastel cutesy items nicely separated by some vintage clothing I'm finally parting with. Working as an engineer since graduating college has severely depressed my fashion sense. Cubicle life calls for comfortable practicability - aka - I only get to dress up on days off unless I want to be a construction hazard...

Speaking of construction, jobs, engineering, and the like. 
Here is an example of one of the many pump stations I have visited while working. 


Pump stations. Remember where you flush - they are actually quite fascinating places. This particular pump station is very close to a local brewery, it didn't have a sewage smell to it - more hoppy than anything. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment