Sunday, July 3, 2016

Momentary Update: house, Found, cats & scaffolding

I'm always amazed by how much time flies before I decide to blog, but it looks like several months have passed again... No excuses except that "adulting" has been taking precedence. Seems like naps have been my real hobby lately - well, that and overwhelming myself with the never ending projects I want to start on my house. I was lucky my house wasn't a "fixer upper," but I definitely have a vision of how I want it to look. Realizing that it's going to take a few years before it gets to that vision has been my latest reality. I have to take pride in my little projects, such as conquering the ferns in my front lawn to make a cute littler flower/herb bed instead.

I've also started working on my interior and trying to bring it back to it's late 1950's-60's era by decorating mid century modern. As a vintage vendor and thrifter I thought I'd have no problem finding pieces, but it's proving to be a long winded project. For now - rotating knick knacks in my mod built-in shelves and my record player are the key elements. Still in desperate need of more stuff on the walls since I'm not much of a minimalist...


Outside of my house projects, I've also been spending a lot of time sprucing up my space at Found on Fremont. I started a shared space with another vendor and our vintage/handmade tastes have meshed really well. I've finally had a chance to work on being more selective on what I bring to the store because it's very well stocked and always changing!

My co-vendor and I love vintage books. Our space is filled with such a fun collection!


Outside of Found on Fremont and my homemaking endeavors, I've also welcomed two new family members into my life. Ludwig (van Beethoven) and Wolfgang ("Wolfie" Amadeus Mozart). These fur babies have stolen my heart as well as much of my time. A kitten and "catten" have made for a lot of messes, a lot of cuddles, and a lot of smiles. 
Cute natural poses like this everyday - I'm a happy cat-mom :) 
And, to tie in my 9-5, here's some fancy scaffolding used to repair a 30'' force main over the Columbia slough. I'm really excited for this project to head back into construction after a three month redesign! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment