Saturday, August 13, 2011

Joining the Feather Earring Craze

So, I think I mentioned before that Portland is filled with the steadily growing feather earring craze in fashion. Last Thursdays in Alberta is filled with feather earring artists. It's a search to find which pair really suits your taste in both style and price. Even commercial stores in the mall sell feather earrings now. I don't like to be trendy, but I do own three pairs... And, this week my mom made a fabulous rendition of her own feather earring. My sister came in the studio shouting about a cute blue feather she found outside. Usually I'm a huge germ freak, but this feather really was quite nice and seemed as clean as a found feather can be. (Also, I think it's from our neighborhood family of Western Blue Jays!) About twenty minutes later my mom created this wonderful feather earring for me. I think it blends nicely with my hair and if we started making feather earrings, I think it would definitely be a unique style. Using chain, leather, and accents with beads looks really great with this particular feather. I don't know if we'll start making feather earrings to sell, but I don't think I'll be buying them anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment