Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Garage Sale Finds & New Barrette Designs

It's been so long since I've been able to work in the studio. This weekend I finished all of my homework on Saturday, so I would make sure to have time for my life outside of college. I don't want to meander on school too much, but I'll just inform everyone that it's much harder than I expected... To be humbled is a good thing, of course.

Anyway, I time to do some garage sale and thrifting with mom. I found a lot of cool things and spent a grand total of about $2.25! It was nice to hang out with my mom again, almost felt like a free summer morning. My favorite purchase was definitely the spanish "Loterias" boards. I've seen a lot of cool earring cards and matchbox assemblages made with them. I'm excited to attack them with some glitter glue and rhinestones to make my own assemblage creations! And, for 25 cents too!

After thrifting, I went in the studio for a little while too. Mom loves this little antique booth in "Antique Alley," which is in the Hollywood district. Last time we browsed, she found a nifty barrette with a barbie arm and monopoly house jumbled on the clip, which she really wanted. I definitely had a few barbie arms sitting around my junk drawer, after a OOAK (one of a kind) barbie project gone wrong, so I made  her one myself. I really like how it turned out, so I might try making some more and selling them on etsy with some of the other things I have on the site. I also wish my hair could be managed with a clip, because I'd just love to see my friends freak out about a barbie arm poking out of my hair! I think I'd get too much amusement out of that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment